We are looking for dedicated animal-lovers to help us improve the quality of life for the animals in our care.
Volunteers must be 18 or older, willing to commit a minimum of 36 hours over six months, pass a background check and drug screening, and attend an orientation. Volunteers help us with a number of important responsibilities:
- Dog Walker: provide exercise, socialization, and basic training for shelter dogs
- Pet Groomer: Help wash and groom shelter animals
- Cat Caretaker: Get kitties out of their cages to play and interact
- Foster Parent: Take in a shelter pet that needs more care than we can provide, and helps us alleviate crowding
- Off-site Adoptions: Take an animal to Petco and help it find its forever home
- Photographer: Take photos of the animals at the shelter and post them on our website
- Adoption Assistant: Help citizens who come to the shelter with selecting an animal
- Office Helper: Help our staff with filing and front desk duties
We accept donations of leashes, toys, bedding, treats, beds, and pet food. We also accept monetary donations. Contact a member of our staff to find out what our current needs are.