Formal bids must be returned by the vendor to the City Clerk’s Office by the time and date specified. The bids are publicly opened and each is read aloud. After bid opening, all bids are tabulated and evaluated. When the bid analysis is completed, a recommendation is submitted to City Council. Council votes to approve or reject the recommended bid.
- Below is a link to the current bid opportunities with the City of Beaumont. The document is regularly updated and in Adobe PDF format. To view this document you will need to download and install Adobe Reader found here.Current Bid Opportunities
- Bid Tabulations
- Legal Notices
Q. What are the types of bids?
A. There are two types of bids: Formal and Informal.
A Formal Bid is for products or services that are estimated to cost over $50,000. This bid is advertised in a local newspaper and on the City Website. All responses are submitted to the City Clerk, opened publically and read aloud on Thursdays at 2:00 PM (CST) in the Beaumont City Council Meeting Room.
An Informal Bid is for products or services that are estimated to cost under $50,000 but over $3,000. This bid is only advertised on the City website and all responses are received in the Purchasing Office.
Q. Are there any exceptions to Formal bids?
A. Not every purchase over $50,000 requires formal bidding. Exceptions include, but are not limited to: personal, professional, or planning services; acquisition of land for rights-of-way; emergency purchases; and items with only one source.
Q. How does the City obtain their list of vendors to contact with bid solicitations?
A. The Purchasing Division maintains a list of vendors classified by the type of products or services they provide. If a company has provided a vendor application to the City for the product or service to be solicited, and the database prints out their information, the vendor should receive a copy of the bid solicitation. However, it is the vendor’s responsibility to monitor the Bid Opportunities on this site.
Q. Where are the legal notices for Formal bids posted?
A. All formal bid opportunities are available from the following sources:The Examiner – Local Newspaper
- The Examiner – Local Newspaper
- The Beaumont Enterprise – Local Newspaper
- City of Beaumont website – www.beaumonttexas.gov
- Purchasing Division Office – City Hall, 801 Main St., Suite 315, Beaumont, Texas
- Golden Triangle Minority Business Council – Beaumont TX (409) 835-0161
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) – Beaumont, TX (409) 835-6661
- FW Dodge Reports – Houston, TX (713) 629-4895
- Construction Market Data – Houston, TX (888) 956-7650
- Construction Data Corporation – Austin, TX (800) 872-7878
Q. Where can I download bid specifications?
A. Formal and Informal bid specifications are available on the City’s website.
Q. How are bids awarded?
A. After bid opening, all bids are tabulated and evaluated. When a Formal Bid analysis is completed, a recommendation is submitted to City Council. Council votes to approve or reject the recommended bid. If approved, the Purchasing Division will forward an award letter to the successful bidder.
Q. I did not submit a bid, how can I receive a copy of the bid tab?
A. Formal bid tabs will be posted on the City website after approval by City Council. Informal bids are available by open records request through the City Clerk at email@example.com
Q. How long are Formal bid tabs left on the City website?
A. Bid tabs will remain on the City website for ninety (90) days.