Permitting Procedure During Temporary Limitation of Public Access Due to Covid-19
Click the below button for information related to repairs, reconstruction and permitting following Hurricane Harvey.
The Building Codes Division is committed to meeting the challenges facing the public and the construction industry at the start of the new century. All measures are being taken to offer the citizens of Beaumont the most efficient services possible while maintaining a cost-effective profile within the city function.
The purpose of this site is to assist the applicant in designing a set of plans that will meet or surpass most of the minimum requirements for obtaining a commercial building permit in the City of Beaumont. The following information is not intended to be used for any specific permit application. It is to be used strictly as a guide to assist the applicant during the plans review process. This information is primarily directed at local officials, building owners, designers, contractors and other individuals or organizations that are interested in doing any construction or building alterations within the city limits of Beaumont.
Effective November 30, 2009, all Inspection Request shall be made by calling the City of Beaumont’s 3-1-1 Helpline
Please note: Incomplete requests cannot be processed.
The following is REQUIRED information in order to properly address your request:
- What is your City of Beaumont PERMIT or APPLICATION number? Format for the number is usually like 09 003456, if you do not have the permit number, requests cannot not be processed.
- What is the address of the site requiring inspection? If you do not have the address, requests cannot not be processed.
- Do you need an INITIAL INSPECTION or RE-INSPECTION? A $25.00 re-inspection fee must be paid to Building Codes prior to the inspection being done.
- What type of Inspection do you need? Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Certificate of Occupancy, Civil.
- What is your name please (caller’s name)? What is the Building Contractor’s name?
- What is the Sub Contractor’s name responsible for this inspection?
- Phone number where you can be reached?
Providing all of the information noted here is accurate, your requested inspection will be schedule the next business day given there are no unforeseen circumstances.
Please check your job site inspection placard for the status of the inspection to see whether it has been approved or disapproved. For follow-up or additional questions please feel free to call the Community Development department at 409.880.3100 during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you have a questions about our current city ordinances, a copy can be viewed here.
Certificates of Occupancy must be obtained in person at the Building Codes counter on the 2nd floor at city hall.
Commercial Building Permit
Lawn Sprinkler Permit
Mechanical Permit – Residential
Mechanical Permit – Commercial
Request for Temporary Utilities
Residential Building Permit
Contractor’s Bond Form
Driveway & Sidewalk Bond Form
Roofing Bond Form
Driveway Permitting Packet
Parking Lot Details
Back Flow Test Report
Temporary Outdoor Restaurant Permit
A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, convert or demolish any building or structure in the applicable jurisdiction or cause the same to be done without first obtaining a permit which shall be considered a license to proceed with work.
Any owner, authorized agent or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure or to erect or cause any such work to be done shall first make application and obtain the required permit to proceed with work.
For new construction or additions, three complete sets of drawings or sketches drawn with sufficient clarity and detail to indicate the nature and character of all work shall accompany every application along with one additional site plan which shows landscaping, parking layout, site drainage and driveways drawn to scale accompanied by legal description of property and address when available. Proposed water and sewer lines are to be shown along with location of meter.
When the structure is educational, institutional or assembly type occupancy, or three or more stories in height or exceeds five thousand (5,000) square feet in area, the designer shall be an architect or engineer legally registered under the law of this state
|Contractor Bond Fees||Bond||License|
|Mechanical||Proof of general liability||State|
|Plumbing||Proof of general liability||State|
|Electrical||Proof of general liability||State|
|Driveway & Sidewalk||$5,000||N/A|
The following code list has been adopted by the City of Beaumont: You may also visit the following site for additional code information: www.iccsafe.org
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2014 ICC 600 Standard for Residential Construction in High Wind Regions Code
Additional questions may be directed to the Building Codes Division at 409.880.3100. Please note that all codes have local amendments.