The Building Codes Division is committed to meeting the challenges facing the public and the construction industry at the start of the new century. All measures are being taken to offer the citizens of Beaumont the most efficient services possible while maintaining a cost-effective profile within the city function.
The purpose of this site is to assist the applicant in designing a set of plans that will meet or surpass most of the minimum requirements for obtaining a commercial building permit in the City of Beaumont. The following information is not intended to be used for any specific permit application. It is to be used strictly as a guide to assist the applicant during the plans review process. This information is primarily directed at local officials, building owners, designers, contractors and other individuals or organizations that are interested in doing any construction or building alterations within the city limits of Beaumont.
Effective November 30, 2009, all Inspection Request shall be made by calling the City of Beaumont’s 3-1-1 Helpline
Please note: Incomplete requests cannot be processed.
The following is REQUIRED information in order to properly address your request:
- What is your City of Beaumont PERMIT or APPLICATION number? Format for the number is usually like 09 003456, if you do not have the permit number, requests cannot not be processed.
- What is the address of the site requiring inspection? If you do not have the address, requests cannot not be processed.
- Do you need an INITIAL INSPECTION or RE-INSPECTION? A $25.00 re-inspection fee must be paid to Building Codes prior to the inspection being done.
- What type of Inspection do you need? Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Certificate of Occupancy, Civil.
- What is your name please (caller’s name)? What is the Building Contractor’s name?
- What is the Sub Contractor’s name responsible for this inspection?
- Phone number where you can be reached?
Providing all of the information noted here is accurate, your requested inspection will be schedule the next business day given there are no unforeseen circumstances.
Please check your job site inspection placard for the status of the inspection to see whether it has been approved or disapproved. For follow-up or additional questions please feel free to call the Community Development department at 409.880.3100 during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you have a questions about our current city ordinances, a copy can be viewed here.