For Information about the Texas Cottage Food Law, please visit https://texascottagefoodlaw.com/
Permit Application, Fees, and Instructions & Guidelines
Temporary Food Permits are required of anyone serving food in the City of Beaumont whether the food is given away or sold and when the operation is not conducted from a licensed food service establishment. An application is required to be filled out and and submitted no less than one week prior to the beginning of the event for approval.
Temporary Food Permits are $33.00 per booth for 1-5 booths, 6 or more booths require a Special Event Permit which is $220.00 per day of operation of the event.
A 50% discount is given when the organization is non-profit and youth or elderly oriented.
The City of Beaumont Food Ordinance requires that all establishments serving potentially hazardous foods have a certified food manager.
The Environmental Health Division provides the Food Managers Certification Course.
Food Managers Renewal or Transfer Fee is $20.00 and Duplicate Food Managers Certificate $10.00. Fees are non-refundable.
- Mobile Food Unit Requirements
- Mobile Food Unit Application
- Affidavit – Central Preparation Facility (Commissary)
- Affidavit – Property Locaton
- Affidavit – Use of Restroom
- Mobile Food Unit Menu Disclosure
- Mobile Food Unite Operation from Central Preparation Facility (Commissary)
- Mobile Food Unit Plan Checklist
- Mobile Food Unit Service Log
Jane Scott, RS
Environmental Health Manager
Office (409) 832-7463