Anyone interested in requirements for food establishments, please call the Environmental Health Division at 409-832-7463 for details.
Permit Application, Fees, and Instructions & Guidelines
Temporary Food Permits
Temporary Food Permits are required of anyone serving food in the City of Beaumont whether the food is given away or sold and when the operation is not conducted from a licensed food service establishment. An application is required to be filled out and and submitted no less than one week prior to the beginning of the event for approval.
Temporary Food Permits are $33.00 per booth for 1-5 booths, 6 or more booths require a Special Event Permit which is $220.00 per day of operation of the event.
A 50% discount is given when the organization is non-profit and youth or elderly oriented.
Food Manager Certification
The City of Beaumont Food Ordinance requires that all establishments serving potentially hazardous foods have a certified food manager.
The Environmental Health Division provides the Food Managers Certification Course for a fee of $95.00 which is non-refundable.
All Food Manager’s Classes will be held at the Beaumont Health Services Department (BHSD) Building.
Park in front of BPHD
2017 Class Dates Class Times January 23-26 Monday 8am – 12 (noon) March 20-23 Tuesday 1pm – 5pm May 15-18 Wednesday 8am – 12 (noon) July 17-20 Thursday 8am – 12 (noon) September 18-21 November 13-16
Please note that registration will close one week prior to the first day of class.
Payment is required before entrance into the class at the Environmental Health department.
Payment in advance will secure you a place in the class as class number is limited.
Food Managers Renewal or Transfer Fee is $20.00 and Duplicate Food Managers Certificate $10.00. Re-testing fee is $20.00. Fees are non-refundable.
- Concession Requirements
- Food Establishment Permit Application
- Food Safety at Home
- Fruit and Vegetable Wholesalers Permit Application
- Permit Instructions for Food Establishment
- Retail Food Store Permit Application
- Seafood License Application
Mobile Food Units
- Mobile Food Unit Requirements
- Mobile Food Unit Application
- Affidavit – Central Preparation Facility (Commissary)
- Affidavit – Property Locaton
- Affidavit – Use of Restroom
- Mobile Food Unit Menu Disclosure
- Mobile Food Unite Operation from Central Preparation Facility (Commissary)
- Mobile Food Unit Plan Checklist
- Mobile Food Unit Service Log
Temporary Food Establishments