Parks and Rec FAQs

City staff or private contractors are responsible for mowing all parks.

Pickleball lines have been painted (with portable nets) on tennis courts at the Beaumont Municipal Tennis Center.  Additionally, there are pickleball lines on two of the tennis courts at Rogers Park, but you would need your own net.

No, alcohol is not allowed in a city park.

Please call 409-838-3613 for more details.

It is permissible to use your own grill. However, vehicles are not allowed in the park.

Specific parks allow for potential vending opportunities. Please call 409-838-3613 for more details.

Yes, you can play indoor basketball at the Sterling Pruitt Activity Center at 2930 Gulf Street.

The Sterling Pruitt Activity Center has a weight room and multi-purpose rooms. The Lakeside Center at 150 Magnolia Street also has various exercise programming. If you have questions regarding the Lakeside Center, please call 409-838-1902.

Yes, there is a pro shop inside the Beaumont Municipal Tennis Center.

City-sponsored teams include the Summer Track Program. Other sports leagues are managed and maintained by private groups.

Please contact our Recreation Division at 409-838-3613. ex 1213.

  • Weekdays (18-holes w/cart): $29
  • Weekends (18-holes w/cart): $34
  • The Henry Homberg Golf Course is located at Tyrell Park at 5940 Babe Zaharias Drive.
  • $125 per field, per day
  • Temporary fencing is available for $50 per field
  • $150 trash deposit per complex
  • From 5-7pm or 7-9 pm: $40
  • From 5-9 pm: $60

Staff is considering all options. This playground was built in the early 1980’s and has served countless citizens since then.

Yes. However, it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that the grounds are returned to the same condition as they were before the bounce house was erected.

City pools (Magnolia Park & Alice Keith Park) are open between Memorial Day and Labor Day, Tuesdays – Sundays Noon-5pm.

Splashpads are open year-round (maintenance/weather-permitting).  They are located at the following parks:  Central, Charlton-Pollard, Cottonwood, Halbouty, Liberia, Perlstein, Pine Street, Roberts, Rogers, Sprott.

Summer camp information is available at the Sterling Pruitt Activity Center.  Call 409.838.3613 for more information.