Visit regularly for updates on construction in Beaumont.

Trash collection, landfill information, and other programs and tips.

Information on city waterway and storm drains.

Road Diets are a low-cost countermeasure to improve the overall safety and traffic flow

Online services for submitting permits, scheduling inspections, and payments

Information on the City of Beaumont Street Rehabilitation Program

Information on City Art Boxes around Beaumont

The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the City’s street, drainage, and transportation systems by providing planning, design and maintenance.

The Capital Program Division directs the development and construction for the City’s Capital Program for general improvement projects. Proposed water and sewer projects, administered by the Beaumont Water Department are also included in the City’s Capital Program.

Pavement Condition Study

In March 2019, the Beaumont City Council awarded a contract to IMS Infrastructure Management Services, LLC (IMS) of Tempe, Arizona to assess the condition of our street infrastructure. In April of 2019, IMS started their work. IMS utilized a specialized van to travel each lane of roadway to acquire data for the study. Included in the acquired data were ways to measure the surface distress and roughness of the road. The project was substantially completed in February of 2021. The graph and spreadsheet below are a way to interpret the Pavement Condition Index (PCI) score for each segment of road maintained in the City.

Pavement Study

Understand the Score

The following illustration compares Pavement Condition Index (PCI) to commonly used descriptive terms. The divisions between the terms are not fixed, but are meant to reflect common perceptions of condition.

The general idea of what these condition levels mean with respect to remaining life and typical rehabilitation action is included in the following table:

The Streets and Drainage Division maintains the City’s streets and right of ways. This includes tree trimming and removal; mowing; and herbicide treatment. This responsibility covers 750 miles of streets (involving 306 miles of asphalt streets; 312 miles of concrete streets; 87 miles of concrete streets with an asphalt overlay; seven miles of roads that have an unimproved riding surface such as dirt, shell or caliche) and 38 miles of unimproved right-of-ways; a drainage ditch system more than 840 miles in length; an underground drainage system of more than 400 miles; and approximately 20,000 catch basins. The division also oversees a street sweeping program which addresses all curb and gutter streets throughout the City.

Street Cut & Barricading Permit

Traffic Management

The Traffic Management Division focuses on:

  • pavement marking
  • signal maintenance and construction
  • fabrication, installation and repair of traffic signs
  • maintenance of freeway lighting throughout the City

Personalized street signs are available to be purchased by the Traffic Management division.  Please fill out the form below and follow the included instructions.

Street Sign Order Form

Engineering is responsible for the acquisition of land and the design and construction of capital improvement projects on streets, bridges and drainage systems. The division reviews, inspects, and approves all subdivision and commercial/industrial site development plans to ensure compliance with the City’s specifications and codes. Engineering updates and maintains the various maps and files of all city-owned properties and right of way and manages inter-local agreements for engineering and construction projects. This division provides survey work for the City.

**The green markers note potholes which have been repaired in the past 90 days. The red markers note potholes to be repaired.

If you would like to report a pothole please call 3-1-1 or download the SeeClickFix application on your mobile phone.

Click here to view the Water Discoloration Calls Map