The Elmo Willard Library Branch announces a partnership with MobilOil Credit Union. MobilOil Credit Union will present an Identity Theft Seminar at the Elmo Willard Library located at 3590 East Lucas Drive in Beaumont. The seminar will take place at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
Experts agree that people cannot be totally protected in every situation, but there are many things that can be done to reduce risk of becoming a victim of identity theft.
The goal of this seminar is to give people the tools to minimize their chances of having their identity stolen and what to do if they become a victim.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
– What is identity theft
– How crooks obtain your personal information
– When to give out your social security information and when you should not
– How to minimize the risk of identity theft – online and off-line
– Tips to protect yourself from phishing attacks
– Warning signs that you are a victim
– What to do if you are a victim
For additional information, please contact Elmo Willard Library at (409) 892-4988.