The Elmo Willard Branch Library is hosting Lone Star Legal Aids’ presentation to discuss Public Benefits including social security, food stamps, Medicaid/Medicare and more on Friday, November 17 at 3:00 pm. Questions are welcome and encouraged.
About Lone Star Legal Aid:
• LSLA is the fourth largest free legal aid provider in the United States.
• They serve approximately 60,000 square miles, one-third of the state, including 72 counties in the eastern and Gulf Coast regions of Texas, and also four counties of southwest Arkansas.
• In addition to the Houston headquarters, their staff work from 12 branch offices in Angleton, Beaumont, Belton, Bryan, Conroe, Galveston, Longview, Nacogdoches, Paris, Texarkana, Tyler, and Waco.
• Based on 2000 Census data for their service area, there are almost 1.5 million people at 125% of federal poverty guidelines (for example, $13,613 for an individual or $27,938 for a family of four in 2011) who are eligible for their services.
• In 2010, LSLA handled almost 25,000 legal cases, and completed over 20,000 of them, which benefited nearly 48,000 people.
For additional information, please contact Elmo Willard Library, located at 3590 East Lucas Drive by calling (409) 892-4988 or visit beaumontlibrary.org. Library hours are Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and Friday & Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
About the Author
Rosanna is the Administrative Assistant II for the City of Beaumont's Information Technology Division.
Home > Blog > Elmo Willard Library announces Lone Star Legal Aid Presentation