Tai Ho, managing attorney with Lone Star Legal Aid will present an informational program called Family Law: Divorce, Custody and Visitation and will be available after the presentation for questions. The program will take place on Friday, May 20 at 2:00 pm at the Elmo Willard Branch Library located at 3590 East Lucas Drive in Beaumont. Walk-ins are welcome and encouraged.
About Lone Star Legal Aid:
• LSLA is the fourth largest free legal aid provider in the United States.
• They serve approximately 60,000 square miles, one-third of the state, including 72 counties in the eastern and Gulf Coast regions of Texas, and also four counties of southwest Arkansas.
• In addition to the Houston headquarters, their staff work from 12 branch offices in Angleton, Beaumont, Belton, Bryan, Conroe, Galveston, Longview, Nacogdoches, Paris, Texarkana, Tyler, and Waco.
• Based on 2000 Census data for their service area, there are almost 1.5 million people at 125% of federal poverty guidelines (for example, $13,613 for an individual or $27,938 for a family of four in 2011) who are eligible for their services.
• In 2010, LSLA handled almost 25,000 legal cases, and completed over 20,000 of them, which benefited nearly 48,000 people.
For additional information, please contact Elmo Willard Library at (409) 892-4988.