For Information about the Texas Cottage Food Law, please visit

Permit Application, Fees, and Instructions & Guidelines

Temporary Food Permits are required of anyone serving food in the City of Beaumont whether the food is given away or sold and when the operation is not conducted from a licensed food service establishment. An application is required to be filled out and and submitted no less than one week prior to the beginning of the event for approval. A food handler certification is required to be obtained, before the temporary permit inspection date. 

Temporary Food Permits for 1-5 booths are $30 per booth for the initial day. Each subsequent day will be charged $15 (with a max of 14 days), 6 or more booths require a Special Event Permit which is $220 per day of operation of the event. Permits must be applied for and purchased at least 30 days in advance of the Special Event.

A 50% discount is given when the organization is non-profit and youth or elderly oriented.

Temporary Event Permits must be applied for and purchased at least seven (7) days in advance of your event.

Temporary Permits will be scheduled in 1-hour increments unless it’s a Special Event Permit.

Temporary Event Permits are on a first come first served basis.

If the time you have applied for is not available, you may apply for the next available time.

Temporary Event Permit times will be available from 7:30 Am to 4:30 Pm Monday through Sunday.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.


Environmental Health Department

The City of Beaumont Food Ordinance requires that all establishments serving potentially hazardous foods have a certified food manager.

The Environmental Health Division no longer provides the Food Managers Certification Course.

Food Managers Renewal or Transfer Fee is $20.00 and Duplicate Food Managers Certificate $10.00. Fees are non-refundable.

Environmental Health Department requires permits for vending machines that dispense refrigerated ready to eat foods, and water dispensing vending machines.

Contact Information
Justin Jackson, RS
Environmental Health Manager
Office (409) 832-7463


Online services for submitting permits, scheduling inspections, and payments


A Temporary Event permit is a maximum of 14 days and a Special Event Permit is a one-day event.

Food permits expire on December 31st of every year.

Low-risk (snow cone and ice cream mobile units) permits are $100/year. High-risk (full menu temperature foods) permits are $250/year.

Food prepared in a private home may not be used or offered for human consumption in a Food Establishment.