July is National Park and Recreation Month, and Beaumont residents have a lot of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. From our adaptive playground to our skate park to our splash pads, and 36 parks with extensive sports amenities, Beaumont has a lot to offer.
In observance of this special month, we invite residents to go beyond the typical sports and recreation activities by experiencing a common indoor activity among the great outdoors. We have a little list to get you started:
- Catch a movie! The city’s Summer Movie Madness series continues through August, and includes a “dive-in movie” at Magnolia Pool. Don’t miss this great series put on by our Recreation Division.
- Catch a show! Recreation has more in store for you. Our summer Neighbors & Concerts in the park series is under way, and includes play and fun for the kids, and live music, great food, and more for adults.
- Enjoy some lunch! Lunch at the Lake has become a local favorite. Come out and purchase lunch from a local food vendor, and enjoy lunch in one of Beaumont’s most scenic spots: the Event Centre Lake. Lunch at the Lake runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Monday through November. The Event Centre is located at 700 Crockett St.
- Play for real! Are your tennis, baseball or golf games confined to the gaming console in your living room? The city has recreation leagues and facilities available for you to take your skills to the real course or court. Inside is fun, outside is better. Check out our complete listing of parks and amenities at BeaumontRecreation.com.
- Just do it! Need to call your mom? Want to dust off your guitar? Sitting down to a family round of Monopoly? Take it outside. Take it all outside!