FEMA does not require a sign on your debris forbidding removal for documentation purposes. Your damaged property can be picked up by city trash service, just be sure you photograph and document  loss/damage.

Please protect yourself from identity theft,  shred personal paperwork.  If you place damaged property on the curb for pick up, it is not illegal or (looting) if someone takes your discarded property.