Was Your Home Flooded Due to Hurricane Harvey?
Want to Know More About the Jefferson County’s Buyout Program?
Who: Jefferson County Buyout Program (JCBP)
What: Jefferson County will offer to each resident, the opportunity to participate in a voluntary Buyout Program of their home. It is important to note that you must live in Jefferson County to be eligible for the program. The program is designed to assist homeowners who want to relocate out of their floodplain to start over and minimize the possibility of future flooding.
Eligibility: To become eligible, one must complete the JCBP application.
- It will be determined that your structure is located inside a floodplain or floodway.
- Must provide documented proof of impact from Hurricane Harvey.
- Homeowner must agree to voluntarily participate in the program.
- Structure must be a single-family owner occupied or adjacent lot.
- Taxes and child support payments must be current.
The maximum number that can be assisted County-wide is 20.
Where: You can go to Jefferson County website www.co.jefferson.tx.us to review and print the application.
- Buyout at pre-storm fair market value
- Up to $7,000 in moving expenses
- Up to $35,000 incentive to purchase another home in Jefferson County
Contact: Vivian Ballou @ 409-719-7657 or Mario Watkins @ 832-721-9942 at 409-719-7657 for further questions and information regarding the program. Applications are available online at www.co.jefferson.tx.us
The program is funded by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grants for Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) provided through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).