For three consecutive months, MobilOil Credit Union will be presenting a Smart Change Seminar at the Elmo Willard Library located at 3590 East Lucas Drive in Beaumont. The seminar will take place the second Tuesday of each month, beginning on Tuesday, September 8 at 6:30pm.
The first in the series is IDENTITY THEFT: WHO’S GOT YOUR NUMBER?
Experts agree that the average person cannot totally protect themselves in every situation, but there are many actions that can be taken to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of identity theft. The goal of the seminar is to give the average person the tools to minimize the risk of identity theft and to know what to do if they become a victim. The seminar will discuss the following topics:
- What is identity theft
- How the bad guys get your personal information
- When to provide your social security number and when you should not
- How to minimize the risk of identity theft online and offline
- Tips to protect yourself from phishing attacks
- Warning signs that you might be a victim
- What to do if you are a victim
The other two seminars are as follows
Credit Management – Tuesday, October 13
Build a Basic Budget – Tuesday, November 10